Sunday, August 12, 2012

Peggy's Charm Barn Blog Hop

Today is finally the day for the Charm Barn Blog Hop! I received these acrylic links from Peggy about a month ago. She decided that half of us would receive black links and the rest of us would receive tortoiseshell. I was hoping to receive the latter because I really wanted to pair them up with my lampworked animal print beads. I made a brand new set especially for this challenge when I saw that I did indeed receive the tortoiseshell links!
I ended up using all of the links she sent, five of my glass animal print beads, strings of small square black and bone colored beads, Swarovski faceted beads, some genuine amber beads (that for years I have been saving for a special occasion) and copper chain.
I really enjoyed working with these links. I should have taken pics of some of the other ways I had them situated but I didn't think of doing that until just now. I settled on the finished piece you see here because this look is my favorite. I love layers and layers of strings of beads that (as Stacey London says) "go" together and a blend of textures, too. But like I said, there are so many different ways to make a great piece of jewelry with these links...which brings me to the subject of our blog hop! Please be sure to visit the links below to see how the other artists put them to good use. Also, be sure to visit Peggy's blog and vote for your favorite piece!
Glob of beads
Glob of beads
The finished necklace
Hanging nicely on my mannequin
Shelley Graham Turner  -  www.shelleygrahamturner.blogspot.com
Miranda Ackerley - http://mirandack.com
Denielle Hagerman  - www.somebeadsandotherthings.com  ****You are here right now****
Janeen Sorensen  -  http://wildvanilladesigns.com/
Audrey BĂ©langer  -  http://esperianterra.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment