Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Gorgeous Jewelry in "Snow White and the Huntsman"


My oldest daughter went to Cedar Point today with her friends so I took my husband & youngest daughter to the movies. We decided to see Snow White and the Huntsman because we thought it would have something for everyone; I love fantasy movies and of course I loved Snow White as a little girl. My husband would like the action & my daughter would like Chris Hemsworth.
Elizabeth I, late 1580sAnyway, the movie did not disappoint. I heard that there were mixed reviews but I don't see what there was to really complain about. I am not really a Kristen Stewart fan but I do love Charlize Theron... who in their right mind ever roots for the evil queen or wicked stepmother?  I can't say I really rooted for her but she was the best part of the movie for me. I also liked the scenery when they were walking through the Sanctuary, but whoever was in charge of costumes must live inside my brain. I loved the clothing but most of all I loved the jewelry! (Photo credit: lisby1)
Everyone wore jewelry, even men and people in the villages. The queen, of course, wore the best. She always wore a crown, necklaces, a ring and these horribly fierce looking nails. She wore one particular necklace  that I love. Have you ever noticed beaded necklaces in a medieval painting of royalty? This necklace had that same look.  I already have similar amethyst beads so I might work on it this weekend...I don't have the pendant tho....not sure what to do about that yet. Here is a link to a picture of the necklace I'm talking about. (I don't want to deal with copyright infringement so I'm just posting a link instead of the actual picture.) Have you ever been inspired to recreate something from a movie? I'd love to hear how it turned out.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment