Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Yosemite Valley Souvenir

My family visited Yosemite over Memorial Day this year where our niece's wedding was being held...I mean my whole extended family. 31 of us were able to make it out there and it was really nice to experience a place like that with them. Our accommodations were almost at the entrance of the park so we were able to spend quite a bit of time there over our four day weekend. Not to say that we saw all there was to see...it is unbelievable how huge that place is. I used to see pictures of Yosemite and always chalked up the great pics to an artist's eye but in reality, everywhere you lay your eyes looks like a painting!
On a side note, if you are ever passing through Coarsegold be sure to stop by the souvenir/bead shop on the north side of town. The owner is a sweet little old lady who looooves her beads!:) That store carried many things I would never find near my home here in Michigan. I would love to stop by there again someday when I have more than fifteen minutes to spend.
As soon as we got back home I made myself some beads for a souvenir bracelet to commemorate our trip:
  • Copper to remember the color of the majestic Giant Sequoias
  • Dyed banded agate for the gorgeous waterfalls (I purchased these in a little bead store in Fresno)
  • A lampworked pine cone and 'pine needles' for the Sugar Pines and their giant foot-long cones
  • A couple snowflakes because our trip to Glacier Peak meant thirty degrees and two inches of snow
  • A tiny granite pebble ( I swear it was the only thing I took besides pictures & we only left footprints!!)


This bracelet was inspired by Heather Power's book Jewelry Designs from Nature, especially the pine needles. I just thought they were so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment